Professor Priyan Mendis
- Fire behaviour of structures
- High-strength concrete
- Modelling and durability of Infrastructure, New Construction and Defence Materials, Sustainable Infrastructure (Tall Buildings, Bridges, Disaster Management)
- Nanotechnology in Construction, Structural BioEngineering
- Protective Technology of Structures (Blast effects)
- Testing and Assessment of infrastructure (Non destructive testing)
- Wind effects on Tall buildings
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
- Protective technology of structures
-Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.
- Amirebrahimi S, Rajabifard A, Mendis P, Ngo T. A framework for a microscale flood damage assessment and visualization for a building using BIM-GIS integration. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DIGITAL EARTH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
- Maranan GB, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P. Behavior of concentrically loaded geopolymer-concrete circular columns reinforced longitudinally and transversely with GFRP bars. Engineering Structures. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 117.
- Syed ZI, Mendis P, Rahman SA. Effect of large negative phase of blast loading on structural response of RC elements. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2016, Vol. 47.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Zhang L, Sofi M. Financial assessment of manufacturing recycled aggregate concrete in ready-mix concrete plants. RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND RECYCLING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 109.
- Miramini S, Zhang L, Richardson M, Mendis P, Oloyede A, Ebeling P. The relationship between interfragmentary movement and cell differentiation in early fracture healing under locking plate fixation. AUSTRALASIAN PHYSICAL & ENGINEERING SCIENCES IN MEDICINE. Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine. 2016, Vol. 39, Issue 1.
- Amirebrahimi S, Rajabifard A, Mendis P, Ngo T. A data model for integrating GIS and BIM for assessment and 3D visualisation of flood damage to building. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2015, Vol. 1323.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Crawford R. A framework for the integrated cost-benefit analysis of the use of recycled aggregate concrete in structural applications. Living and Learning: Research for a Better Built Environment: 49th International Conference of the Architectural Science Association 2015. 2015. Editors: Crawford RH, Stephan A.
- Yang Y, Zhou R, Ge Y, Mohotti D, Mendis P. Aerodynamic instability performance of twin box girders for long-span bridges. JOURNAL OF WIND ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL AERODYNAMICS. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 145.
- Mohotti D, Ngo T, Raman SN, Mendis P. Analytical and numerical investigation of polyurea layered aluminium plates subjected to high velocity projectile impact. MATERIALS & DESIGN. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 82.
- Javad T, Mendis P, Ngo T, Sofi M. Behaviour of Pre-Stressed High Strength Concrete Sleepers Subjected To Dynamic Loads. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Performance–based and Life-cycle Structural Engineering. University of Queensland. 2015. Editors: Fernando D, Teng J-G, Torero JL.
- Samarasinghe T, Mendis P, Ngo T, Fernando WJBS. BIM Software Framework for Prefabricated Construction: Case Study Demonstrating BIM Implementation On a Modular House. 6th International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management (ICSECM). 2015.
- Miramini S, Zhang L, Richardson M, Pirpiris M, Mendis P, Oloyede K, Edwards G. Computational simulation of the early stage of bone healing under different configurations of locking compression plates. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2015, Vol. 18, Issue 8.
- Maranan GB, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P. Evaluation of the flexural strength and serviceability of geopolymer concrete beams reinforced with glass-fibre-reinforced polymer (GFRP) bars. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 101.
- Maduliat S, Mendis P, Ngo T. Failure modes and buckling coefficient of partially stiffened cold-formed sections in bending. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 111.
- Hedayati M, Mendis P, Sofi M, Ngo T. Fire Spalling of Concrete Members. 6th International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management (ICSECM). 2015.
Level: 04 Room: 416
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447244
F: +61 3 83444616
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile