Professor Priyan Mendis
- Fire behaviour of structures
- High-strength concrete
- Modelling and durability of Infrastructure, New Construction and Defence Materials, Sustainable Infrastructure (Tall Buildings, Bridges, Disaster Management)
- Nanotechnology in Construction, Structural BioEngineering
- Protective Technology of Structures (Blast effects)
- Testing and Assessment of infrastructure (Non destructive testing)
- Wind effects on Tall buildings
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
He is also the Director of the ARC Centre for Advanced Manufacturing of Prefabricated Housing Research interests
- Protective technology of structures
-Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.
- Rupasinghe M, Mendis P, Ngo T, Nguyen TN, Sofi M. Compressive strength prediction of nano-silica incorporated cement systems based on a multiscale approach. Materials and Design. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 115.
- Wu D, Aye L, Ngo T, Mendis P. Optimisation and financial analysis of an organic Rankine cycle cooling system driven by facade integrated solar collectors. Applied Energy. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 185.
- Amirebrahimi S, Rajabifard A, Mendis P, Ngo T. A BIM-GIS integration method in support of the assessment and 3D visualisation of flood damage to a building. Journal of Spatial Science. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2016, Vol. 61, Issue 2.
- Amirebrahimi S, Rajabifard A, Mendis P, Ngo T. A framework for a microscale flood damage assessment and visualization for a building using BIM-GIS integration. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DIGITAL EARTH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
- Hasanzadeh Nafari R, Ngo T, Mendis P. An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Tree-Based Models for Multi-Variate Flood Damage Assessment in Australia. WATER. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 7.
- Samarasinghe T, Mendis P, Aye L, Vassos T. Applications of design for excellence in prefabricated building services systems. 7th International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment (ICSBE). 2016.
- Maranan GB, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P. Behavior of concentrically loaded geopolymer-concrete circular columns reinforced longitudinally and transversely with GFRP bars. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 117.
- Gunawardena T, Ngo T, Mendis P. Behaviour of Multi-Storey Prefabricated Modular Buildings under seismic loads. Earthquakes and Structures. Techno-Press. 2016, Vol. 11, Issue 6.
- Ding C, Ngo T, Mendis P, Lumantarna R, Zobec M. Dynamic response of double skin facades under blast loads. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 123.
- Syed ZI, Mendis P, Rahman SA. Effect of Large Negative Phase of Blast Loading on Structural Response of RC Elements. 3RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING FOR SUSTAINABILITY (ICONCEES 2015). EDP Sciences. 2016, Vol. 47. Editors: Rahman NA, Jaini ZM, Yunus R, Rahmat SN.
- Sofi M, Lumantarna E, Duffield C, Mendis P. Effects of Interior Partition Walls on Natural Period of High Rise Buildings. International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics. World Scientific Publishing Co. 2016.
- Jayalath A, Aye L, Mendis P, Ngo T. Effects of phase change material roof layers on thermal performance of a residential building in Melbourne and Sydney. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 121.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Zhang L, Sofi M. Financial assessment of manufacturing recycled aggregate concrete in ready-mix concrete plants. RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND RECYCLING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 109.
- Samad AAA, Ali N, Mohamad N, Jayaprakash J, Ngo T, Mendis P. Finite element modelling of 2-Span continuous RC beams shear strengthened and shear repaired with CFRP strips. Jurnal Teknologi. 2016, Vol. 78, Issue 5.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P, Mendis P, Zobec M, Aye L. Fire performance of prefabricated modular units using organoclay/glass fibre reinforced polymer composite. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 129.
Level: 04 Room: 416
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447244
F: +61 3 83444616
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile