Professor Priyan Mendis
- Fire behaviour of structures
- High-strength concrete
- Modelling and durability of Infrastructure, New Construction and Defence Materials, Sustainable Infrastructure (Tall Buildings, Bridges, Disaster Management)
- Nanotechnology in Construction, Structural BioEngineering
- Protective Technology of Structures (Blast effects)
- Testing and Assessment of infrastructure (Non destructive testing)
- Wind effects on Tall buildings
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
- Protective technology of structures
-Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.
- Amirebrahimi S, Rajabifard A, Mendis P, Ngo T. A framework for a microscale flood damage assessment and visualization for a building using BIM-GIS integration. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DIGITAL EARTH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
- Hasanzadeh Nafari R, Ngo T, Mendis P. An assessment of the effectiveness of tree-based models for multi-variate flood damage assessment in Australia. Water (Switzerland). MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 7.
- Maranan GB, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P. Behavior of concentrically loaded geopolymer-concrete circular columns reinforced longitudinally and transversely with GFRP bars. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 117.
- Ding C, Ngo T, Mendis P, Lumantarna R, Zobec M. Dynamic response of double skin façades under blast loads. Engineering Structures. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 123.
- Syed ZI, Mendis P, Rahman SA. Effect of large negative phase of blast loading on structural response of RC elements. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2016, Vol. 47.
- Jayalath A, Aye L, Mendis P, Ngo T. Effects of phase change material roof layers on thermal performance of a residential building in Melbourne and Sydney. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 121.
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Zhang L, Sofi M. Financial assessment of manufacturing recycled aggregate concrete in ready-mix concrete plants. RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND RECYCLING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 109.
- Samad AAA, Ali N, Mohamad N, Jayaprakash J, Ngo T, Ngo TD, Mendis P. Finite element modelling of 2-Span continuous RC beams shear strengthened and shear repaired with CFRP strips. Jurnal Teknologi. 2016, Vol. 78, Issue 5.
- Soufeiani L, Raman SN, Jumaat MZB, Alengaram UJ, Ghadyani G, Mendis P. Influences of the volume fraction and shape of steel fibers on fiber-reinforced concrete subjected to dynamic loading – A review. Engineering Structures. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 124.
- Thompson R, Maizuar M, Zhang L, Mendis P, Lowell K. Investigating the Effects of High Productivity Vehicles on Road Infrastructure Using Weigh-in-Motion Technology. Journal of Traffic and Logistics Engineering. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue 2.
- Zhang L, Maizuar M, Mendis P, Duffield C, Thompson R. Monitoring the Dynamic Behaviour of Concrete Bridges Using Non-Contact Sensors (IBIS-S). Applied Mechanics and Materials. Trans Tech Publications. 2016, Vol. 846.
- Abdul Samad A, Samad AAA, Mohamad N, Al-Qershi MAH, Jayaprakash J, Mendis P. Shear mechanism and shear strength prediction of reinforced concrete T-beams. Jurnal Teknologi. 2016, Vol. 78, Issue 5.
- Mohamad N, Khalifa H, Abdul Samad A, Abdul Samad AA, Mendis P, Goh WI. Structural performance of recycled aggregate in CSP slab subjected to flexure load. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 115.
- Miramini S, Zhang L, Richardson M, Mendis P, Oloyede A, Ebeling P. The relationship between interfragmentary movement and cell differentiation in early fracture healing under locking plate fixation. AUSTRALASIAN PHYSICAL & ENGINEERING SCIENCES IN MEDICINE. Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine. 2016, Vol. 39, Issue 1.
- Hedayati M, Sofi M, Mendis P, Ngo T. A comprehensive review of spalling and fire performance of concrete members. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering International. 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 1.
Level: 04 Room: 416
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447244
F: +61 3 83444616
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile