Associate Professor Dongryeol Ryu
- Environmental Remote Sensing (Remote Sensing, Soil Moisture, Evapotranspiration)
- Flood Forecasting and Monitoring Flood Inundation (Flood, Flood Plain)
- Hydrological Sciences (Soil Moisture, Evapotranspiration, Water Accounting)
Dr Dongryeol Ryu is the Academic Program Coordinator of the Master of Engineering (Environmental) program. Dr Ryu is a Senior Lecturer in Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources (EHWR) in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne. He leads the Hydrology and Remote Sensing group in the Department with a special interest in surface water hydrology and microwave remote sensing. Dr Ryu is currently working on developing microwave soil moisture retrieval algorithms and on investigating an innovative method of flood forecasting by using various satellite observations, which are funded by ARC. He is also a past recipient of a NASA Earth System Science Fellowship and the University of California, Irvine Medal.
- Park S, Ryu D, Fuentes S, Chung H, Hernyndez-Montes E, O'Connell M. Adaptive Estimation of Crop Water Stress in Nectarine and Peach Orchards Using High-Resolution Imagery from an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). REMOTE SENSING. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 8.
- Mohammadi A, Costelloe J, Ryu D. Application of time series of remotely sensed normalized difference water, vegetation and moisture indices in characterizing flood dynamics of large-scale arid zone floodplains. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 190.
- Cho E, Su C-H, Ryu D, Kim H, Choi M. Does AMSR2 produce better soil moisture retrievals than AMSR-E over Australia?. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 188.
- Crow WT, Han E, Ryu D, Hain CR, Anderson MC. Estimating annual water storage variations in medium-scale (2000-10 000km(2)) basins using microwave-based soil moisture retrievals. HYDROLOGY AND EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCES. Copernicus GmBH. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 3.
- Eom J, Seo K-W, Ryu D. Estimation of Amazon River discharge based on EOF analysis of GRACE gravity data. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 191.
- Massari C, Su C-H, Brocca L, Sang Y-F, Ciabatta L, Ryu D, Wagner W. Near real time de-noising of satellite-based soil moisture retrievals: An intercomparison among three different techniques. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 198.
- Akuraju VR, Ryu D, George B, Ryu Y, Dassanayake K. Seasonal and inter-annual variability of soil moisture stress function in dryland wheat field, Australia. AGRICULTURAL AND FOREST METEOROLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 232.
- Jian J, Ryu D, Costelloe J, Su C. Towards hydrological model calibration using river level measurements. Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies. 2017, Vol. 10.
- Kucharska D, Stewardson M, Ryu D, Costelloe J, Sims N, Lee V. CHANGES IN INUNDATION PATTERNS FOR ANASTOMOSED RIVER LANDSCAPE UNITS AT DECADAL SCALES. 11TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ECOHYDRAULICS. 2016.
- Rudiger C, Su C, Ryu D, Wagner W. Disaggregation of Low-Resolution L-Band Radiometry Using C-Band Radar Data. IEEE GEOSCIENCE AND REMOTE SENSING LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 13, Issue 10.
- Alvarez-Garreton C, Ryu D, Western A, Crow WT, Su C, Robertson DR. Dual assimilation of satellite soil moisture to improve streamflow prediction in data-scarce catchments. WATER RESOURCES RESEARCH. American Geophysical Union. 2016, Vol. 52, Issue 7.
- Su C, Zhang J, Gruber A, Parinussa R, Ryu D, Crow WT, Wagner W. Error decomposition of nine passive and active microwave satellite soil moisture data sets over Australia. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 182.
- Zheng G, Ryu D, Jiao C, Hong C. Estimation of Organic Matter Content in Coastal Soil Using Reflectance Spectroscopy. PEDOSPHERE. Kexue Chubanshe. 2016, Vol. 26, Issue 1.
- Jongjin B, Jongmin P, Ryu D, Minha C. Geospatial blending to improve spatial mapping of precipitation with high spatial resolution by merging satellite-based and ground-based data. HYDROLOGICAL PROCESSES. John Wiley & Sons. 2016, Vol. 30, Issue 16.
- Su C, Ryu D, Dorigo W, Zwieback S, Gruber A, Albergel C, Reichle RH, Wagner W. Homogeneity of a global multisatellite soil moisture climate data record. GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS. American Geophysical Union. 2016, Vol. 43, Issue 21.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile