Professor Emad Gad
- Effects of mine blasts on structures
- Steel structures
- Structural dynamics
- Structural vibrations
- Testing and finite element modelling
Professor Emad Gad is an Honorary Principal Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Gad is a Professor in the Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Industrial Science at Swinburne University of Technology.
Areas of expertise and research
- Structural dynamics
- Residential construction
- Structural modelling
- Field and laboratory structural testing
- Agheshlui H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E, Mirza O. Anchored blind bolted composite connection to a concrete filled steel tubular column. STEEL AND COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Techno-Press. 2017, Vol. 23, Issue 1.
- Oktavianus Y, Chang H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Component model for pull-out behaviour of headed anchored blind bolt within concrete filled circular hollow section. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 148.
- Sun J, Lam N, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Computer Simulation of Contact Forces Generated by Impact. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL STABILITY AND DYNAMICS. World Scientific Publishing Co. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 1.
- Oktavianus Y, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Cyclic behaviour of individual double headed anchored blind bolts within CFST. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 133.
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Damage modelling of aluminium panels impacted by windborne debris. JOURNAL OF WIND ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL AERODYNAMICS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 165.
- Menegon SJ, Wilson JL, Lam NTK, Gad E. RC walls in Australia: reconnaissance survey of industry and literature review of experimental testing. Australian Journal of Structural Engineering. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2017, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Risks of failure of annealed glass panels subject to point contact actions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SOLIDS AND STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 129.
- Al Abadi H, Paton-Cole V, Gad E, Lam N, Patel V. Rocking Behavior of Irregular Free-Standing Objects Subjected to Earthquake Motion. Journal of Earthquake Engineering. Imperial College Press. 2017.
- Oktavianus Y, Goldsworthy H, Gad E, Fernando S. The Influence of Key Design Parameters on the Cyclic Axial Behavior of Innovative Replaceable Buckling Restrained Fuses (RBRFs). Journal of Earthquake Engineering. Imperial College Press. 2017.
- Yang Y, Sun J, Lam N, Zhang L, Gad E. AN INNOVATIVE PROCEDURE FOR ESTIMATING CONTACT FORCE DURING IMPACT. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED MECHANICS. Imperial College Press. 2014, Vol. 6, Issue 6.
- Sun J, Lam N, Zhang L, Gad E, Ruan D. Estimating and Measuring Impact Forces by Projectiles. 23rd Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM23). Southern Cross University. 2014.
- Lee J, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Blind bolted moment connection to sides of hollow section columns. Journal of Constructional Steel Research. Elsevier Science. 2011, Vol. 67, Issue 12.
- Lee J, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Blind bolted moment connection to unfilled hollow section columns using extended T-stub with back face support. Engineering Structures. Elsevier Science. 2011, Vol. 33, Issue 5.
- Fardipour M, Lam N, Gad E, Wilson J. Collapse Limit State Assessment of Lightly Reinforced Concrete Columns. AEES 2011. Australian Earthquake Engineering Society. 2011.
- Nurhuda I, Lam N, Gad E, Calderone I. Corrections for effects of biaxial stresses in annealed glass. Structural Engineering and Mechanics. Techno-Press. 2011, Vol. 39, Issue 3.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile