- Baines P, Sacks S. The Generation and Propagation of Atmospheric Internal Waves Caused by Volcanic Eruptions. ATMOSPHERE. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue 3.
- Baines P, Hughes R. Comments on "The Interaction of an Eastward-Flowing Current and an Island: Sub- and Supercritical Flow". JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY. American Meteorological Society. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 7.
- Baines P. Internal hydraulic jumps in two-layer systems. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2016, Vol. 787.
- Baines P, Johnson ER. Non-linear topographic effects in two-layer flows. Frontiers in Earth Science. 2016, Vol. 4.
- Baines P, Henley B. The effect of global dynamical factors on the interannual variability of land-based rainfall. Dynamics and Predictability of Large-Scale, High-Impact Weather and Climate Events. Cambridge University Press. 2016. Editors: Li J, Swinbank R, Grotjahn R, Volkert H.
- Baines P, Sacks S. Atmospheric internal waves generated by explosive volcanic eruptions. Geological Society, London, Memoirs. Geological Society. 2014, Vol. 39, Issue 1. Editors: Wadge G, Robertson REA, Voight B.
- Baines P. Plumes, entrainment and B.R. Morton. AUSTRALIAN METEOROLOGICAL AND OCEANOGRAPHIC JOURNAL. Bureau of Meteorology. 2014, Vol. 64, Issue 1.
- Baines P. The dynamics of intrusions into a density-stratified crossflow. Physics of Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 2013, Vol. 25, Issue 7.
- Prentice COLIN, Baines P, Scholze MARKO, Wooster MARTIN. Fundamentals of Climate Change Science. Understanding the Earth System - Global Change Science for Application. Cambridge University Press. 2012.
- Baines P. Stratified Hydraulics. Handbook of Environmental Fluid Dynamics, Volume One: Overview and Fundamentals. CRC Press. 2012. Editors: Fernando HJS.
- Baines P. Patterns of decadal climate variability and their impact on global rainfall. Procedia - Environmental Sciences. Elsevier BV. 2011, Vol. 6.
- Baines P. A model for the structure of the Antarctic Slope Front. Deep Sea Research Part II. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2009, Vol. 56, Issue 13-14.
- Baines P, Jones MT, Sparks RSJ. The variation of large-magnitude volcanic ash cloud formation with source latitude (vol 113, art no D21204, 2009). JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-ATMOSPHERES. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2009, Vol. 114.
- Baines P. Lorenz, E.N. 1963: Deterministic nonperiodic flow. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 20, 130–41.1. Progress in Physical Geography. Arnold Hodder Headline. 2008, Vol. 32, Issue 4.
- Baines P. Mixing in downslope flows in the ocean - plumes versus gravity currents. Atmosphere - Ocean. Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society. 2008, Vol. 46, Issue 4.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile