Dr Phuong Tran
Areas of Research Interest
· Thin film adhesion characterization
· Static and dynamic fracture thin films
· Dynamic fracture and failure mechanism of composite materials
· Fabrication and simulation of bio-inspired composite structures
· Mechanical characterization and simulation of high performance composite textile
· 3D additive manufacturing
Article reviewing referee:
* International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
* Journal of the Royal Society Interface
* International Journal of Impact Engineering
* Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials
- Ren X, Shen J, Tran P, Ngo T, Xie YM. Auxetic nail: Design and experimental study. Composite Structures. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 184.
- Tran P, Ngo T, Ghazlan A, Hui D. Bimaterial 3D printing and numerical analysis of bio-inspired composite structures under in-plane and transverse loadings. COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 108.
- Ghazlan A, Ngo T, Tran P. Influence of geometric and material parameters on the behavior of nacreous composites under quasi-static loading. Composite Structures. Pergamon. 2017.
- Duc ND, Seung-Eock K, Ngo T, Tran P, Khoa ND. New approach to study nonlinear dynamic response and vibration of sandwich composite cylindrical panels with auxetic honeycomb core layer. Aerospace Science and Technology. 2017, Vol. 70.
- Thanh NV, Khoa ND, Ngo T, Tran P, Duc ND. Nonlinear dynamic response and vibration of functionally graded carbon nanotube-reinforced composite (FG-CNTRC) shear deformable plates with temperature-dependent material properties and surrounded on elastic foundations. Journal of Thermal Stresses. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 10.
- Imbalzano G, Linforth S, Ngo T, Lee P, Tran P. Blast resistance of auxetic and honeycomb sandwich panels: Comparisons and parametric designs. Composite Structures. Pergamon. 2016.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Blast Resistance of Hybrid Elastomeric Composite Panels. Applied Mechanics and Materials. Trans Tech Publications. 2016, Vol. 846.
- Tran P, Linforth S, Lumantarna R, Ngo T. Design of a hybrid composite anti-ram bollard against impact. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Linforth S, Ngo T, Lee P. Design optimisation of auxetic composite structures under blast loading. ACMSM 24 Conference - ACMSM 24 Conference - Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016.
- Ngo T, Nguyen T, Nguyen T, Tran P. Effect of Nanoclay on Thermomechanical Properties of Epoxy/Glass Fibre Composites. ARABIAN JOURNAL FOR SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue 4.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P, Mendis P, Zobec M, Aye L. Fire performance of prefabricated modular units using organoclay/glass fibre reinforced polymer composite. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 129.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P. Isogeometric analysis of functionally graded plates based on a new polynomial displacement field. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Ghazlan A, Ngo T, Lam N, Tran P. A Numerical Investigation of the Performance of a Nacre-like Composite under Blast Loading. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan H.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Design Bio-Inspired Composite Structure Subjected to Blast Loading. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Performance-based and Life-cycle Structural Engineering. University of Queensland. 2015. Editors: Fernando D, Teng J-G, Torero JL.
- Yang E, Ngo T, Ruan D, Tran P. Impact resistance and failure analysis of plain woven curtains. International Journal of Protective Structures. Multi-Science Publishing. 2015, Vol. 6, Issue 1.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile