Associate Professor Yongping Wei
- ARC Future Fellow (River Basin Management), Infrastructure Engineering
- Coordinator (Australia Node) Australia China Joint Research Centre on River Basin Management
Dr. Wei is a Senior Research Fellow (Level C) at the Australia China Centre on River Basin Management, The University of Melbourne.
Dr. Wei has a multi-disciplinary education background: Bachelor of Engineering (Irrigation and water resources engineering), Master of Environmental and Natural Resources Economics and PhD in Natural Resources Management.
Dr Wei has been recognized by the Australian Research Council with Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2010-2013) and Future Fellowship (2014-2018) for her academic contribution in river basin management.
Dr Wei has initiated and coordinated 18 research projects of $6m in water resources management involving over twenty Australian, Chinese and international agencies cross research institutions, universities, government departments, catchment authorities and water industry in the past six years.
Dr Wei has published 3 book chapters, 38 journal papers and 11 peer-reviewed conference papers in the past six years.
Dr Wei has supervised 2 Honors students, 8 master students and 3 PhD students at the University of Melbourne, and co-supervised five PhD students with the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Tsinghua University.
Before she joined the University of Melbourne, she has over ten years’ working experiences in China cross research institutions and government departments.
For Dr Wei’s research activity in Australia China Joint Research Centre on River Basin management, please visit http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/research/centres/aust-china/
- Wei J, Wei Y, Western A. Evolution of the societal value of water resources for economic development versus environmental sustainability in Australia from 1843 to 2011. GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE-HUMAN AND POLICY DIMENSIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 42.
- Hui R, Zhao R, Liu L, Zhu R, Li G, Wei Y. Effects of UV-B, water deficit and their combination on Bryum argenteum plants. RUSSIAN JOURNAL OF PLANT PHYSIOLOGY. Springer. 2016, Vol. 63, Issue 2.
- He W, Tang W, Wei Y, Duffield C, Lei Z. Evaluation of Cooperation during Project Delivery: Empirical Study on the Hydropower Industry in Southwest China. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT. ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers. 2016, Vol. 142, Issue 2.
- Xiong Y, Wei Y, Zhang Z, Wei J. Evolution of China's water issues as framed in Chinese mainstream newspaper. AMBIO. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. 2016, Vol. 45, Issue 2.
- Wang T, Tang W, Du L, Duffield C, Wei Y. Relationships among Risk Management, Partnering, and Contractor Capability in International EPC Project Delivery. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING. ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 6.
- Tang W, Shen W, Lei Z, Wang S, Duffield C, Wei Y, Hui K. Sustainable Hydropower Developments for China. Nature. 2016, Vol. 532.
- Guo X, Feng Q, Wei Y, Li Z, Liu W. An overview of precipitation isotopes over the Extensive Hexi Region in NW China. ARABIAN JOURNAL OF GEOSCIENCES. Springer. 2015, Vol. 8, Issue 7.
- Sha Y, Wei Y, Li W, Fan J, Cheng G. Artificial tide generation and its effects on the water environment in the backwater of Three Gorges Reservoir. JOURNAL OF HYDROLOGY. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 528.
- Hui R, Li X, Zhao R, Liu L, Li G, Wei Y. DAMAGE AND RECOVERY FROM ENHANCED UV-B EXPOSURE IN BRYUM ARGENTEUM AND DIDYMODON VINEALIS FROM BIOLOGICAL SOIL CRUSTS. FRESENIUS ENVIRONMENTAL BULLETIN. Parlar Scientific Publications. 2015, Vol. 24, Issue 3A.
- Fu B, Zhang L, Xu Z, Zhao Y, Wei Y, Skinner D. Ecosystem services in changing land use. JOURNAL OF SOILS AND SEDIMENTS. Springer. 2015, Vol. 15, Issue 4.
- Zheng L, Wu W, Wei Y, Hu K. Effects of straw return and regional factors on spatio-temporal variability of soil organic matter in a high-yielding area of northern China. SOIL & TILLAGE RESEARCH. Elsevier. 2015, Vol. 145.
- Soste L, Wang Q, Robertson D, Chaffe R, Handley S, Wei Y. Engendering stakeholder ownership in scenario planning. TECHNOLOGICAL FORECASTING AND SOCIAL CHANGE. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 91.
- Wei J, Wei Y, Western A, Skinner D, Lyle C. Evolution of newspaper coverage of water issues in Australia during 1843-2011. AMBIO. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. 2015, Vol. 44, Issue 4.
- Lu Z, Wei Y, Xiao H, Zou S, Xie J, Ren J, Western A. Evolution of the human-water relationships in the Heihe River basin in the past 2000 years. HYDROLOGY AND EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCES. Copernicus GmBH. 2015, Vol. 19, Issue 5.
- Lu Z, Zou S, Qin Z, Yang Y, Xiao H, Wei Y, Zhang K, Xie J. Hydrologic Responses to Land Use Change in the Loess Plateau: Case Study in the Upper Fenhe River Watershed. ADVANCES IN METEOROLOGY. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2015.
Level: 04 Room: D406
Engineering Block D, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 8344 9799
F: +61 3 8344 6215
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile