Dr Biju George
- Urban Water Management (Water Cycle Management)
- Water Resources Management (Surface water hydrology)
Dr Biju George is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
- water cycle modelling
- water allocation modelling
- irrigation system operation and modelling
- irrigation infrastructure management
- urban-water demand modelling
- water-energy nexus
- Varughese A, Hajilal MS, George B. Analysis of historical climate change trends in bharathapuzha river basin, kerala, India. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology. 2017, Vol. 16, Issue 1.
- Elbana TA, Bakr N, George B, Elbana M. Assessment of Marginal Quality Water for Sustainable Irrigation Management: Case Study of Bahr El-Baqar Area, Egypt. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution. Springer. 2017, Vol. 228, Issue 6.
- Rejani R, Rao KV, Srinivasa Rao CH, Osman M, Sammi Reddy K, George B, Pratyusha Kranthi GS, Chary GR, Swamy MV, Rao PJ. Identification of Potential Rainwater-Harvesting Sites for the Sustainable Management of a Semi-Arid Watershed. Irrigation and Drainage. John Wiley & Sons. 2017, Vol. 66, Issue 2.
- Moallemi E, Aye L, Webb JM, De Haan F, George B. India's on-grid solar power development: Historical transitions, present status and future driving forces. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 69.
- Moallemi E, De Haan F, Webb JM, George B, Aye L. Transition dynamics in state-influenced niche empowerments: Experiences from India's electricity sector. TECHNOLOGICAL FORECASTING AND SOCIAL CHANGE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 116.
- Ratna Reddy V, Saharawat YS, George B. Watershed management in South Asia: A synoptic review. Journal of Hydrology. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 551.
- Perera KC, Western A, Nawarathna B, George B. Comparison of hourly and daily reference crop evapotranspiration equations across seasons and climate zones in Australia. AGRICULTURAL WATER MANAGEMENT. Elsevier. 2015, Vol. 148.
- Moallemi E, De Haan F, George B, Webb J, Aye L. Dynamic Modelling of Energy Transitions Using a Coupled Modelling-Narrative Approach. 21st International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM) held jointly with the 23rd National Conference of the Australian-Society-for-Operations-Research / DSTO led Defence Operations Research Symposium (DORS. MODSIM2011. 2015. Editors: Weber T, McPhee MJ, Anderssen RS.
- Teluguntla P, Ryu D, George B, Walker JP, Malano H. Mapping Flooded Rice Paddies Using Time Series of MODIS Imagery in the Krishna River Basin, India. REMOTE SENSING. MDPI AG. 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 7.
- Rathnayaka K, Malano H, Maheepala S, George B, Nawarathna B, Arora M, Roberts P. Seasonal Demand Dynamics of Residential Water End-Uses. WATER. MDPI AG. 2015, Vol. 7, Issue 1.
- Rathnayaka K, Maheepala S, Nawarathna B, George B, Malano H, Arora M, Roberts P. Factors affecting the variability of household water use in Melbourne, Australia. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 92.
- Raigama Arachchige K, Western A, Nawarathna B, George B. Forecasting daily reference evapotranspiration for Australia using numerical weather prediction outputs. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. Elsevier Science. 2014, Vol. 194.
- Aye L, Nawarathna B, George B, Puthravilakom Sadasivan Nair S, Malano H. Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Decentralised Water Supply Strategies in Peri-urban Areas of Sydney. The Security of Water, Food, Energy and Liveability of Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Peri-Urban Futures. Springer. 2014. Editors: Maheshwari B, Purohit R, Malano H, Singh VP, Amerasinghe P.
- George B, Western A, Nawarathna B, Farquharson R, Bond N. How does the degree of river regulation influence the impact of climate change on downstream flow regimes?. Practical Responses to Climate Change. Engineers Australia. 2014.
- Nune R, George B, Teluguntla P, Western A. Relating trends in streamflow to anthropogenic influences: a case study of Himayat Sagar catchment, India. Water Resources Management. Springer. 2014, Vol. 28, Issue 6.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile