Dr Mohsen Kalantari Soltanieh
- Spatial Metadata Systems, 3D Mapping and Modelling, Crowdsourced Geographic Information, Geosensor information infrastruture
Dr Mohsen Kalantari is a Senior Lecturer in Geomatics and Associate Director at the Centre for Spatial Data Infrastructures and Land Administration (CSDILA) in the Dept of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne. Mohsen teaches Land Administration Systems (LAS) and Spatial Analysis and has several publications.
Dr Kalantari is a spatial data engineer and in recognition of his research he has been awarded a prestigious Victoria Fellowship. The Victoria Fellowships recognise young researchers with leadership potential and aim to help them enhance their future careers, while developing new ideas which could offer commercial benefit to Victoria.
He has also worked at the Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE), Land Victoria and has an extensive knowledge of land administration systems of Australia. He completed his PhD in 2008.
- Rahmatizadeh S, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Ho S. A framework for selecting a fit-for-purpose data collection method in land administration. Land Use Policy. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 70.
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Nechifor M. 3D Indoor Surveying–A Low Cost Approach. Survey Review. Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 353.
- Atazadeh B, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Assessing Performance of Three BIM-Based Views of Buildings for Communication and Management of Vertically Stratified Legal Interests. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 7.
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Olfat H, Pettit C, Keshtiarast A. Automatic spatial metadata systems - the case of Australian urban research infrastructure network. CARTOGRAPHY AND GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE. American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. 2017, Vol. 44, Issue 4.
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Ho S, Ngo T. Building Information Modelling for High-rise Land Administration. TRANSACTIONS IN GIS. Blackwell. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 1.
- Laylavi F, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Event relatedness assessment of Twitter messages for emergency response. INFORMATION PROCESSING & MANAGEMENT. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 53, Issue 1.
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Ho S, Champion T. Extending a BIM-based data model to support 3D digital management of complex ownership spaces. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 3.
- Shojaei D, Olfat H, Faundez SIQ, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Briffa M. Geometrical data validation in 3D digital cadastre - A case study for Victoria, Australia. LAND USE POLICY. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 68.
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Ho S. Modelling building ownership boundaries within BIM environment: A case study in Victoria, Australia. COMPUTERS ENVIRONMENT AND URBAN SYSTEMS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 61.
- Aien A, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Williamson I. Review and assessment of current cadastral data models for 3D cadastral applications. Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography. 2017, Issue 9783319256894.
- Alamdar F, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A. Understanding the provision of multi-agency sensor information in disaster management: A case study on the Australian state of Victoria. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DISASTER RISK REDUCTION. Elsevier BV. 2017, Vol. 22.
- Rahmatizadeh S, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. A conceptual framework for utilising VGI in land administration. LAND USE POLICY. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 56.
- Laylavi F, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. A Multi-Element Approach to Location Inference of Twitter: A Case for Emergency Response. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 5, Issue 5.
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Nechifor M. Accuracy and utility of the Structure Sensor for collecting 3D indoor information. Geo-Spatial Information Science. Taylor & Francis. 2016, Vol. 19, Issue 3.
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A. Comparing Three Types of BIM-based Models for Managing 3D Ownership Interests in Multi-level Buildings. 5th International FIG 3D Cadastre Workshop. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2016. Editors: Dimopoulou E, Van Oosterom P.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile